Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Runaways: Coming To A Theater Near You

Hey Everyone!
So I'm sure that by now most of you have heard about the new Runaways biopic thats been in the works. Well, trailers are starting to surface and I have to admit I'm mildly intrigued. I enjoy the Runaways, and I love Joan Jett so a biopic seems like it would be pretty stellar... the issue for me? The acting. The honest truth? I'm terrified of it haha.

Ever since I heard that Twilight Saga superstar, Kristen Stewart had been chosen to portray the female powerhouse, Joan Jett... I was a little distraught. I'm sorry, I'm probably going to kill a portion of my readership in saying this but honestly, I cannot stand Twilight. The books, the movies, and most of all the acting. It almost pains me to watch it unfold. Now, I AM willing to give her and costar Dakota Fanning (as Cherie Currie) a break here. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt. I mean, these women (Joan, Cherie, Lita, Jackie and Sandy) were crucial in bringing women into rock n roll. Part of a very important and influential movement that allowed women to make that transition into mainstream rock as real artists. Playing and writing their music, it wasn't something that had been done often before. These girls have a lot to live up to, a lot to represent. These roles wont be easy, thats for sure, so I'm willing to wait it out and see it for myself before I judge it too much. 

What do you think about the Runaways story coming to theaters? Will you go see it? Why/why not? Share your thoughts!
In the mean time, heres the first trailer... see what you think!




Rock On!
- Girl At The Rock Show


Song of the Day: Cherry Bomb by The Runaways... classic. Look how young Joan is here, its crazy! To think she started here and worked her way over the next 30+ years to get where she is now... its unbelievable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment