Monday, December 14, 2009

Exam Dance Break Day 11

Hey Everyone!
So I meant to post this earlier, but its been a long day! Lets just say its rather late in the evening now, and I'm still sitting at the computer with a paper in front of me... seven pages in, three pages to go! I can feel the finish line approaching and I'm just about ready to leap those last few meters, hoping to land on my feet. This paper, its for my Culture of Celebrity class. The premise is to take a well known celebrity and analyze a wide variety of media created representations of this person. My selection? Fall Out Boy bassist, Pete Wentz. I know, I know, you're asking "Jess- why would you pick this guy out of every celebrity out there?" right? My explanation: I have to analyze every text available. Aka if I chose someone like Johnny Depp, I'd have to watch a couple hundred movies and television shows. Pete... a handful of music videos, a few CDs and some tabloids. Not too bad, nothing too intensive, gives me lots of time to do it well... in theory anyways haha. So as a result, I've been listening to a bunch of FOB music, trying to dissect it and talk about how it relates back the the media construction of Pete himself. Now, thanks to this, I WAS going to give you another FOB song even though I left you with one on Saturday... but I decided against this. Instead, I'm going to leave you with label mates, The Cab. I really enjoy this song, I can see it being great in clubs. Hope you like it, here you go! Enjoy!



Rock On!
- Girl At The Rock Show

No comments:

Post a Comment