Sunday, December 13, 2009

New From First To Last Track

Hey Everyone
When I was about 14, I adored this band. One of my favorites, and though their sound has certainly changed a lot, I still enjoy the music and appreciate what they've sacrificed for their careers. They've been through a couple member changes, being dropped by labels, and playing endless tours of the not so pleasant club circuits. This just goes to really show me that for these guys, its not all about the money. Its about passion... the writing and playing of music itself. So for that, kudos to these 4 young guys from Georgia. I know that every time I have seen them play, its been an experience itself. A few years back they played at this dingy little club downtown that I called home, The Embassy. That show is still easily one of the best memories I have of that building and those years. 

Photos: Mine, The Embassy July 28/2007

This past week, they posted a new track to their Myspace page called "Going Lohan", which will be featured on their upcoming album Throne To The Wolves (March 2010). I think its very much the direction they were going with their last album, the self titled release of 2008. I also feel that Matt's vocals have dramatically improved since then. He faced a lot of criticism on their last album because people expected him to live up to former vocalist Sonny Moore. Personally, I dont think that was fair. The band has clearly tried to move on and reinvent themselves since Sonny's departure,  and it was a lot of struggle to even release that album. So I hope this does well for them. I'd love to see them back on the ball, on top of their game. These guys are all very talented, very ambitious, very driven musicians. They dont back down, they dont give up, they strive to pull through every time. And I cant help but respect that. 

Here's the song. What do you think? Yay or Nay? Let me know!


Welcome back FFTL, Lets see what you've got in store for us in 2010!
Rock On!
- Girl At The Rock Show

No comments:

Post a Comment