Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Burning Empires Take Over Myspace Airwaves

Hey Everyone!
So last I mentioned, some of the members of Fall Out Boy are taking the band's hiatus as a chance to diversify and try new things. Andy Hurley, drummer, being one of them. He and some friends from Misery Signals are working on a side project called Burning Empires... and they are on fire! They have already posted a few songs to their myspace and Spin, and twitter is in an uproar. Apparently no one thought the soft spoken, easy going drummer had it in him. The hard, fast, political tunes seem to be a hit so far. A long way from the poppy emo lyric tunes he produced with FOB. He is also working on a 2nd project with members of Anthrax and Every Time I Die called, The Damned Things. I personally like it, what do you think?


Rock On,
- Girl At The Rock Show

3 comments:

  1. Kind of surprised coming from Andy but really impressive and good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I have to say I am aware of his skill as a drummer, I've seen him play, I've seen interviews and its pretty clear he knows his drums. But I mean, this stuff is so far out there that I was impressed 100% Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete