Monday, December 21, 2009

Exam Dance Break Day 18

Hey Everyone!
And the long trek continues... two days of exams left. So sad. I cant believe how late they go this year, its just nuts. Poor international students who get drafted on planes home for such a short period. Seems a shame. Anyways, nothing I can do to help sadly, except provide you with another distraction via music!

Today I'm going to give you Escape The Fate. Strange little band that I sometimes enjoy and sometimes completely resent. One one side, they make good music, especially for young guys, and they clearly know how to play with the best of them. On the other side, they are womanizers. I dont know these guys personally obviously, but I mean, all their videos really exploit women in many ways. All the girls are gorgeous rocker chick models with an inability to control their hormones. Its the way that women in the music scene were percieved back in the 80s, I just dont feel its appropriate for their young female fanbase. They should not be subjected to believing all rock girls are groupies. It comes down to these passe ideas still being an ever present part of their mainstream music. It should be about the music boys, not the women and the star treatment. Please do keep in mind that you are NOT Guns N Roses. Sorry! 

But anyways, this song is called, Situations. Its a personal "guilty pleasure" which isn't really guilty, because I can openly admit it. Its a very basic song with simple construction and a few fancy flairs. However, it definitely remains a solid part of my party playlist so I figured it had a place here. Enjoy!




Rock On,
- Girl At The Rock Show

No comments:

Post a Comment