Tuesday, January 5, 2010

On The Radar: Possible Pete Wentz/Mark Hoppus Collaboration?


Hey Everyone!
I dont know how many of you are Twitter users, but I know I am! Not to say I'm an addict like a lot of people, but I mean, I do have an account. And it serves a great purpose... it keeps you in the loop with all your favorite bands. Lately, there has been a lot of interesting conversation between Mark Hoppus of Blink-182/+44 and Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy. It seems that the two may be collaborating on a studio project in the future. The two have been friends for many years now, and even toured together over the summer for Blink's reunion. I'm not much a fan of Pete himself, but I think Mark is an incredibly talented musician and producer so I'm sure whatever they come up with will be pure gold. Mark tweeted "Me and Pete W's collab soon" on monday and internet fans have been eagerly discussing the possibilities ever since. Prior to this, the two had been discussing at length "collaborating on sandwiches" and Pete teching for Blink's European tour so they could keep working on it.



These two have always had an interesting friendship that involves a lot of pranking and jokes... wonder if their music will reflect that same playfulness? Two bassists as well... interesting. Who knows what to expect with these guys? Last time they collaborated on anything, it was a worldwide scavenger hunt for hidden "Octopus Drives". I guess we should all be prepared... anything could happen if Wentz and Hoppus are behind it!

Blink-182 reunited this past summer and plan to release an album sometime in the future. No date has been set yet, but studio time is said to be in the works as soon as drummer Travis Barker, completes work on his solo album. Fall Out Boy announced a hiatus following their placement on Blink's summer tour. Wentz is currently in New York while his wife, Ashlee Simpson works on Broadway.

What do you think of a possible collaboration? What would you expect it to be?
Rock On!
- Girl At The Rock Show


Song of the Day: Little Death by +44.... always forgotten about, but always amazing. +44 may have been short lived, but there is something so right about this band. Dont get me wrong, I am a Blink fan through and through, but given the choice between this and AVA, I have to say, this won me over. Mark's deep voice is just stunning. The song is so simple in construction, but so meaningful. Check it out, Enjoy! ...Fall Asleep With The Windows Open, Come To Me With The Worst You've Said And Done

No comments:

Post a Comment