Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Information On The Hoppus/Wentz Collaboration!



Hey Everyone!
Phew... just got back from the gym, kick boxing class. What a work out! Now I'm having lunch with some friends before I start up classes for the day... Organizing Post War Masculinity and Objectivity In Media Reporting. Sounds like an interesting night ahead of me! Anyways, on to business...

More information is steadily coming to light about the Mark Hoppus and Pete Wentz collaboration that I mentioned yesterday. MTV is reporting that in an email from Pete, he discussed that the two are working on song for the soundtrack of the upcoming Alice In Wonderland film being produced by Tim Burton. This only makes sense! The two are big fans (as noted by Pete's wedding theme- Alice In Wonderland inspired for sure!) As such, I expect some pretty cool work from them and I'm excited to hear it. I was skeptical but I feel like if this project is for something they are both excited about, it has the potential to be interesting and definitely worth a listen. Guess we'll be keeping our eyes and ears peeled for an early leak to see what the hype is all about!

So what do you think of this? Potential or no? Let me know!
Rock On!
- Girl At The Rock Show


Song of the Day: Campus by Vampire Weekend... great song, that pretty much says it all. To read more about them, check back a couple blogs where I discuss their upcoming album being leaked on myspace! I expect really big things from these guys, they're on a slow rise, but its about to take off at full speed with the release of Contra! Be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment