Wednesday, January 13, 2010

American Idol Contestants... Please Stop Taking A Piece Of My Heart!

Hey Everyone!
Alright, so as much as I just dont watch this show, I do find the audition processes to be fairly interesting. Often times, its just a great laugh... have to really wonder why some of these people think they have ANY form of vocal talent. Over the past couple nights, I've seen several renditions of the Janis Joplin classic Piece Of My Heart... all of which have been pretty terrible. I'd like to take a second to remember the passion and soul that Janis put into her performance. People, please stop trying to be her, because you cant! Its simply impossible. You can sing it "better" all you want, but this will just always be her song and you will never replace the stage presence this woman had. Accept it and move on haha.




Rock On!
- Girl At The Rock Show

No comments:

Post a Comment