Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Top Ten St.Patrick's Day Drinking Songs

Hey Everyone!
So my eye is not quite better yet, vision is still a little blurry but I think I can make it through this VERY important song. You all know what tomorrow is, right? ST.PATRICK'S DAY! Aka yet another excuse for us University students to dress in ridiculous outfits and take to the bars for some serious alcohol consumption. In honor of this drunken occasion, here is my list of the top 10 Irish (or Irish-Sounding drinking songs) for you to listen to tomorrow while you down some green beer!



10) **** You, I'm Drunk by Bondo... Various artists have covered this song, but I picked this one in order to avoid having an entire list of Flogging Molly songs... I'm a little obsessed even when its NOT St.Patrick's day haha they're fantastic. But back to this track... "I walk in the bar and the fellas all cheer, They order me up a whiskey and beer, You ask me why I'm writing this poem, Some call it a tavern but I call it home"

9) Pints of Guinness Make You Strong by Against Me... Come on, the thoughts of Pints just screams St.Patrick's day... just make them Green! Maybe a little sad, but still in the spirit of the season. "And just like James, I'll be drinking Irish tonight, With the memory of this last work week will be gone forever"

8) Devil's Dancefloor by Flogging Molly... Another classic by American Celtic band Flogging Molly. "But nothin' ever came, From a life that was a simple one, So pull yourself together girl, And have a little fun"

7) Whiskey In The Jar by The Dubliners... Cover of a classic Irish folk tune, awesome track.

6) Seven Drunken Nights by The Kilkenny Brothers... This song's title essentially speaks for itself. Combine that with the lyrics and you've got an instant crowd classic. "Ah you're drunk, you're drunk, You silly old fool, Still- you cannot see?"

5) Wasn't That A Party by The Irish Rovers... This cover of an old Tom Paxton hit is an absolute March 17th must. "Could have been the whiskey, Might have been the gin, Could have been the 3 or 4 six packs, I dont know, But look at the mess I'm in!"

4) Have A Drink On Me by AC/DC... not exactly Irish, but this song completes the list. Listing various drinks and signs of intoxication, its the perfect drinking anthem! "So come on and have a good time, And get blinded out of your mind, So don't worry about tomorrow, Take it today, Forget about the check, We'll get Hell to pay, Have a drink on me"

3) Home For A Rest by Spirit Of The West... Classic. Thats really all that there is to say about this track. St.Patricks is NOT complete without a bar filled sing-a-long of this Canadian tune. This will be the students anthem once the celebration has ceased, guaranteed. "You'll have to excuse me, I'm not at my best, I've been gone for a week, I've been drunk since I left"

2) Kiss Me, I'm Shitfaced by The Dropkick Murphys... I'd call this the Men's Anthem of St.Pat's. All about drunken make out sessions with girls you wish you never forgot. "She kissed me, And I only bought her one round"

1) Drunken Lullabies by Flogging Molly... Perhaps my favorite on the list, there is no better song for St.Pats, its true. "'Cause we find ourselves in the same old mess, Singing Drunken Lullabies"

So enjoy your St. Patrick's day! Eat, Drink, Dress In Green & Be Merry!
Celebrate That Irish Heritage You May Or May Not Have, Embrace It For A Day Haha
Rock On!
- Girl At The Rock Show

No comments:

Post a Comment