Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It Was Just A Pop-Rock Kind Of Day...

Hey Everyone!
The weather here is just gorgeous today! Its FINALLY feeling like spring, and I'm loving it. As soon as I woke up, I opened blinds and windows to take advantage of the sunshine and fresh air. I suppose I shouldn't complain about snow and such because honestly, winter was not even that long this year. This is a relatively early spring. I just adore warmer weather though... something about it just puts me in a great mood. I went on a walk downtown this afternoon, just to get out in the sun for a few hours. I walked by a bunch of restaurants, hoping that maybe a patio somewhere would be open... not that I have any money to be spending on lunch downtown right now, but I think today is the kind of day where McDonalds in the park would totally cut it haha. Any excuse to be outside.

Anyways, I feel that days like this have a certain soundtrack to them... Its different for everyone, but I absolutely need pop-rock music for spring days like this. I need something light, happy, upbeat you know? The punk tracks on my ipod were just not cutting it... they're too angry and aggressive for days like this. We The Kings, Fall Out Boy, early Good Charlotte (very high school, I know), Something Corporate, All Time Low, Maroon 5, Rocket Summer... these are my choices for sunny spring days! They just totally reflect the happiness I feel with the warm winds and blue skies. I know they all seem somewhat juvenile and young, but maybe thats why they fit so well- Spring feels like a young season. Most of these bands sing about things like youth, love, new beginnings, and friendship- themes that I feel definitely embody my idea of spring. What do you think, is it just me or do you see my point of view here? Haha

What are your choices for the first few days of spring? Any favorites?
Rock On!
- Girl At The Rock Show

No comments:

Post a Comment