Saturday, October 17, 2009

Music Format: The Ongoing Debate


Hello Everyone!
So in a lot of my classes lately, the whole debate about changing music formats has become one of high interest. I mean, when you think about it, there are so many options out there old and new. Personally, my music collection is made up of a bit of everything... I have vinyl (both 7" & 12"), CDs, Itunes digital, cassettes, pretty much everything. I like to keep my mind open to different technologies. In terms of music, I feel like each format lets you interpret the tracks in a new way.  If I had to pick, I'd say I love vinyl the most. I always loved vinyl, but my parents were always too afraid to let me use their old school players for fear of me breaking it. But I got a record player for Christmas last year and its been a staple in my life ever since. I just cant get over the quality... the way it has its flaws, how it plays with little scratches and white noise. Its not perfect, not airbrushed and over edited, but its natural. Thats why its my favorite. There's just something about it that makes me feel like I'm in the studio, listening to the raw demos of each track as it plays... So now I turn the question to you, whats your favorite and why? Be it sound quality like me and vinyl, or maybe even wide availability like Itunes, I'd like to hear your thoughts!

Thanks, looking forward to getting some feedback from you guys!
Rock On!
- Girl At The Rock Show


Song of the Day: So Contagious by Acceptance : I saw these guys when I was in high school, one of my first (and certainly not my last) show at London's own Call The Office. Anyways, this song has been stuck in my head since then. Sadly, they've disbanded since then but I still love to play their CD. Hope you like it even half as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment