Thursday, October 22, 2009

Guilty Pleasures or Simple Pleasures

Hey everyone!

Have you ever been asked about your guilty pleasures? That band that you're just not supposed to like but secretly you know every word to every catchy song? Dont even try to deny it, because we all have them. I can name about ten off the top of my head... probably more if I really thought it over! But the one thing that bugs me about this is the name - guilty pleasure.


Why should we be encouraged to hide our passion for certain music? Maybe its just not "cool", but you know what, I dont really care! Personally, I'm a rock n roll girl. I love punk, I love classic, I love pop rock, I love it all. This is the idea people have of me, so its almost assumed I like and dislike specific things. I'm supposed to hate artists like Britney Spears and Eminem... but I dont. I own a few Britney Spears albums, I love Eminem, I think Taylor Swift has serious talent and I still rock out to the Backstreet Boys with my younger sisters. I have no shame in admitting this, in fact I'll scream it from the rooftops!

I LIKE POP MUSIC.


I LIKE RAP MUSIC.


I DONT CARE.

Whats so wrong with that? The answer is... NOTHING! I encourage you all to go out into the world and wear your ipod on your sleeve. The next time someone asks you about your guilty pleasures, tell them you dont have any because you are proud of what you listen to. Play that Nsync song as loud as you want, go see Fall Out Boy in concert, talk about the latest Pitbull song stuck in your head. No one should be judged for their personal choices, and music is one of them.


video: Guilty Pleasure by Cobra Starship

So what are your guilty pleasures? Dont be afraid of the stigmas attached, just let it out! Tell me about them, because it feels great to have it off your chest people, trust me!


Play it loud, play it proud!

Rock On!

- Girl At The Rock Show


Song of the Day: Here We Go Again by Demi Lovato... this is one of my guilty pleasure songs. Maybe not her biggest fan, but this song has been in my head since the day I heard it. Disney artists are generally not my thing... but this girl has a great voice, incredibly talented writer friends (William Beckett of The Academy Is) and super catchy songs. I dont care, I like this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment