Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Top Ten Tunes For Making An Escape

Hey Everyone!
To all the students out there, I hope you had a good (and maybe even school productive- HA!) slack week. I know I did just that, slacked off. It was nice not having a paper due or a class to run to. Got a few shifts in at work, managed to save up a few bucks which is never a bad thing. Though I have to say, maybe I would have been better off spending that cash and hitting a beach somewhere... Its been far too long since I felt the sun shine on my back, the cool ocean waves against my skin, and the warm sand between my toes! But alas, I digress. Sadly, the beach will likely evade me for a while longer I suspect.

On the topic of vacations- have you ever felt the urge to just escape? To just run as far as your feet can take you, as long as that adrenaline keeps pumping- To just keep going until your lungs give out? Sometimes we all need to get away, to just pick up and start fresh somewhere new. Thats how I'm feeling right now.

I wish I werent in class til April... and I wish I didnt have to immediately start working to pay my rent. If I had the chance, I'd pick up and head to Quebec for a week or two with nothing but a backpack... stay in hostels, walk through the old city, sip coffee in little cafes to stay warm. I just need to get out of here and have some time to think, you know?

I know that was a long rant, but its just the best way to explain this top ten list. Sometimes we cant take those vacations, and there is something that stops us from running. As much as we dream about it, real life has a tendency to get in the way. So when you cant make a physical escape, sometimes a mental escape can be just as good for the mind, body, and soul. If your brain needs a vacation like mine, I suggest the following. These ten tracks, a hot cup of tea and your favorite book. If you're really into it, put on a slideshow of beach pictures and crank up the heat!

In no specific order...











I think that I might take my own advice later tonight, after class. Grab some hot coffee, plug this list into my ipod and get these essays off my back. Its sounding like the perfect plan for me tonight.

How about you? Need an escape? Tell me about it! I'd love to hear from you
Rock On,
- Girl At The Rock Show

No comments:

Post a Comment