Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Music Video From Paramore: "The Only Exception"

Hey Everyone!
So this week Paramore finally released the video for their new single... and its well worth the wait for fans! This video and this song are both great, I have to say I cant stop listening to it. Check it out below!




The music video is very well done... I love the progression of time. As Hayley walks through each door, a new scene opens. And then, as she reaches the end, she realizes everything she is letting her fear and stubborn doubt control. As she returns to his arms, its clear that although love is never a guarantee, its sometimes worth taking the risk. Otherwise, you'll never know what you're missing out on.

My only issue? Again, just like the Brick By Boring Brick video... and pretty much every other video they have done, the boys are lost in the back ground. Does anyone care that their drummer Zac isnt even 20 years old yet? I'd say thats pretty impressive! In fact, they all started this really young, including Hayley. As much as she is the front woman and real draw for this band, I just would like to see more of the guys in the video... they tend to be the extras to the main plot and appear for a few minutes of a live performance.

I love the lyrics... there is something so beautifully breath taking about the emotion. In a world where a lot of people question the existence of true love, this song brings a new twist to the idea. There are exceptions to every rule, right? So why not this one? Makes sense to me. "I've got a tight grip on reality, but I cant let go of whats in front of me here, I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up, Leave me with some proof its not a dream... Darling you are the only exception, and I'm on my way to believing" I think this is one of those songs everyone can relate to... we all wonder at one point in time if love is real or just some impossible dream until we meet that one person who makes us see the truth. For that reason, I have this song stuck in my head. A gorgeous little love song... wonder if its about Chad? (of New Found Glory- They're dating in case you didnt know!)

So what do you think of this song? I think it may be time for me to break out my guitar and start teaching myself some chords... been looking for a new distraction anyways, perfect timing!
Rock On,
- Girl At The Rock Show

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Love this song to death ever since I heard it last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may utilize music to divert yourself from agonizing or upsetting circumstances, as well. Or then again maybe you've tuned in to music while considering or working out, wanting to up your execution. שירים יפים בעברית

    ReplyDelete