Saturday, November 7, 2009

On The Radar: Goldfrapp

Hey Everyone!
So another short artist based post today... I love doing this, its so much fun sharing music with other people. Not to mention I dont have my weekly inspiration because I have not been feeling 100%. Anyways, expect a lot of posts like this because honestly, they are fun to write.

Today the artist I want to share with you is a little two piece british band called Goldfrapp. It features the beautiful, soft voice of lead vocalist Alison Goldfrapp, and the interesting synth styles of Will Gregory and Alison herself. Honestly, it makes for a stunning combination. The electronica element is performed with a high degree of musicality, its easy to forget you're listening to synthesizers. Their musical style is extremely diverse, having sampled from a variety of genres over their career span (1999-present). Thats a lot of years to experiment with! Along side a selection of soft melodic tracks that are sure to make Indie fan fall in love, there are several dancey electronica beats. If you're looking for something a little different for your next party soundtrack, definitely check these guys out, they could be exactly what you're looking for to get the music critics in the room buzzing!

Personally, I had not heard of them until their last album Seventh Tree came out, but I cant stop listening to them. The music is really catchy and beautifully produced. If you're interested in something a little different with all the familiar elements of a good track, give these guys a listen! This is one of my favorite tracks, its called "Ooh La La".May be a bit familiar for those of you who watch American Idol. Adam Lambert performed this track on the show. I'll also leave you with something a little different from their repertoire, its called "Clowns" Enjoy!



Rock On!
- Girl At The Rock Show

Song of the Day: Hard Days Night by The Beatles... Love this song, and I feel like it kind of fits. I have had a long week! Like the rest of you I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment