Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Long Awaited "Dear Jack" DVD Released Today!

Hey everyone!
I just realized that in my last post, I forgot to mention another exciting addition to stores this week! Personally, I've been waiting to see this for years, and if any of you are fans of Andrew McMahon's work (Something Corporate/Jacks Mannequin) you may know what I'm talking about. November 3/2009 marks the release of the much anticipated "Dear Jack" DVD.

Photo Credit: Me! (Toronto Warped Tour, July 2008)
"I'm alive, And I don't need a witness to know that I survived, I'm not looking for forgiveness.
I just need light, I need light in the dark and I search for the resolution"
- The Resolution by Jacks Mannequin (The Glass Passenger, 2008)

This film chronicles Andrew's difficult journey through his fight with leukemia. He bravely agreed to make a documentary (which he filmed most of himself with a hand held camera), to bring insight to the world of a cancer patient. Just seeing this preview alone nearly made me cry, and I'm pretty sure the full film will have a similar effect. 

I have a lot of respect for this man. He has done a lot of incredible things from the isolation of a sterile hospital room. He never let the cancer get in his way, continuing with plans to release music and make a difference. He has donated great amounts of time and effort to the cause of raising awareness and money for research. 

On a personal note, I have seen my fair share of loved ones battle this illness and that makes me appreciate what Andrew does even more. A lot of people encounter this, it effects everyone. And for an artist like him to step up and make a change is an incredible thing. I mean, he founded a charity, and matched thousands of dollars in donations raised for the Light The Night walk. He has seen and done a lot for someone who only just turned 27. I think he is honestly one of the most inspirational people I have ever had the pleasure of speaking with, no matter how brief it may have been. 

So I for one, am very excited to watch this DVD. I ordered my copy from Amazon early yesterday morning and can hardly wait the five business days until it reaches my front door. If you're interested in Andrew's story, definitely take a few minutes to check out his work. I'll leave you with a preview and some links to follow up on!



2 comments:

  1. let me know when it arrives, i wanna watch it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok definitely will :) I got an email that the shipping is delayed, but it shouldn't be too long!

    ReplyDelete