Sunday, November 22, 2009

On The Radar: Gold Motel

Hey Everyone!
So a couple posts ago, I  brought up the topic of the hiatus. One band in particular who recently joined this club of bands on possibly permanent breaks happens to be one that I quite like... The Hush Sound. Amazing piano based powerpop band with a repertoire of folky tunes that will have you singing along in no time. As I mentioned, some bands take time off to try something new... well thats how vocalist/pianist Greta Salpeter has chosen to take this. Since The Hush Sound is taking a much needed vacation from the stage, Greta has taken her talent to a new group by the name of Gold Motel.

Gold Motel is a one woman band featuring keyboards, synth, organs and happy go-lucky indie pop songs. Guaranteed to make your cares fly out the window with the easy going tunes. This song posted below, called Perfect In My Mind, sounds like the perfect summer anthem for a drive to the beach. I'm anxious to see what else she comes up with for the EP which is due out late this year. The release will be accompanied by a short tour, and then who knows?! Since I'm without any new Hush Sound music, this will definitely keep me going.





So what do you think of the Gold Motels? Is this a good side project while Greta and the boys of Hush Sound are on hiatus? Personally, I like it!

Rock On,
- Girl At The Rock Show


No comments:

Post a Comment