Wednesday, June 23, 2010

NOFX To Release "The Longest EP"

Hey Everyone!

So punk legends NOFX have announced that they will be releasing a collection of EP tracks. The tunes will date back to 1987 all the way to the present date. They have decided to title the work: "The Longest EP". Very fitting I'd say, including all those tracks would definitely make it a pretty long EP... most EPs are only a few songs long. However, with the average track length under 2mins, I suppose it could balance out. Guess we'll have to wait and see.



Have to say, I'm not much a fan of NOFX. I know, I know, backlash awaits that comment in the punk community. I am sure that in admitting this, I could stand to lose a few followers. The thing is, I respect their career... they have worked long and hard to get where they are. I like that they have really solidified their place in modern punk history, HOWEVER, after watching them "share their opinions" on more than one occassion at various Warped Tours, I lost A LOT of respect for them. For me, Punk isnt about being so outspoken that you insult everyone around you... its about being free to believe what you want. Its about being your own person. But that doesnt mean that you have to criticize people for what they believe in... its not the way I work. I dont mind some of the music- a lot of it is great punk, but I just cant watch these guys play live shows anymore... its frustrating for me I guess. Anyways, thats my thought on the subject. Feel free to disagree, music is something that everyone has their own opinion on, especially when it boils down to the politics of the whole thing.

So new NOFX EP... looking forward to it? I'll give it a listen, but dont look for me at live shows!
Rock On,
-Girl At The Rock Show

No comments:

Post a Comment