Sunday, May 23, 2010

Rivers Cuomo To Work With Simple Plan

Hey Everyone!
Ok, you're confused. Its cool... now, read the title again because NO, sadly you were NOT mistaken. Weezer frontman and ultra talented Rivers Cuomo is said to be working with Canadian pop punk group Simple Plan on their upcoming release. I really dont even know what to think about this... I really respect Rivers. I mean, the geek chic rocker brought us songs like The Sweater Song and El Scorcho... great stuff! And from the Simple Plan camp, we have songs like Perfect and Welcome To My Life... who could ever forget such classic lines as "with their big fake smiles and stupid lies, while deep inside you're bleeding". I just cant imagine what they could come up with. Mind you, Rivers has been on some interesting kicks lately (see- Kenny Rogers) so who knows? Apparently he's bored writing smart, insightful, catchy tunes that get great milage over the years. He's grown beyond simplicity... taking a hint from Gaga on this whole "reverse shock value" deal. Who knows... I dont haha.

What do you think of the collaboration?
Rock On!
-Girl At The Rock Show

No comments:

Post a Comment