Sunday, May 30, 2010

On The Radar: Kate Miller-Heidke "Caught In The Crowd"

Hey Everyone!
So not a big long post today, just going to share a sweet little song with you! Today's tune comes to you from Australian songstress, Kate Miller-Heidke. I havent heard much by her, but the song I came across is catchy, pretty, soft and really honest. I think thats what I like most about it. Its a story with a soft melody. I also quite like her voice... I wasnt sure on the first listen but after a few plays, its really grown on me. She's had two albums released, and is rather well known in the Australia/Europe circuit, so she's not a complete unknown... her airy voice just tends to draw the alt pop crowd that is gaining in popularity here lately. The song I'm going to leave you with is called, "Caught In The Crowd". Its a beautiful song about High School cliques that I think we can all relate to on one level or another. Theres a character for everyone. The victim, the bully, the by stander... we're all there. I urge you to listen to it... and then come back and listen to it again... maybe a few times. Its the kind of song that not everyone will love, but some people (like me) may like it more after a couple plays. Intriguing how that works, eh? Check it out below and see what you think!


PS. If you like it, check out the official music video here... I like this but embedding was disabled!
So what do you think? I've been singing this for DAYS now!
Rock On,
- Girl At The Rock Show

No comments:

Post a Comment