Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wishful Beginnings

Good morning Blogosphere,
 
Welcome to my page! I have to say, this is all kind of new and intriguing. It is certainly impossible to say that I've never posted a blog before. I've dabbled on different sites and tried to get my 15 minutes of internet fandom, who hasn't? That being said, its also true that within a few postings, each blog I start comes to an abrupt end. But this time, this time will be different. I make that promise to you all now. Mark my word, this blog will not suffer the same demise as my last attempts! I have a feeling that this blog will become very important to me. This will be my voice. 

Ok, I think I've dragged on enough about that. Now that you're all caught up on my horrible habits, lets get down to the real deal! Music. What does it mean to us? Is it just a hobby, a pass time, or something far greater? For some, music is nothing more than catchy background noise. As for myself, I've always believed that life can be defined by music. That each one of us has a personal playlist which has the power to evoke emotion and return us to a particular time and place. Music is an incredibly powerful entity, and this is why it intrigues me so much. 

This blog will be dedicated to music. Local concert updates, band and artist bios, and CD reviews, you'll find it all here. I will also be recommending a song or album at the end of each post, a "Jess' song of the day" if you will. While I do enjoy a vast array of genres, there will be a strong focus on rock music (yes, this includes punk/indie/alt./etc). 

So now that you're all up to date on how this thing works, I'll leave you with a small personal bio and wishes for a pleasant evening. Welcome to my journey, hope you all enjoy the ride as much as I do!

BIO: My name is Jessica, I'm a third year university student currently studying Media. For as long as I can remember, music has been an important staple in my life. The love affair first started in the passenger seat of my mom's car. Many of my childhood memories center around that car, and the radio stations that flooded the speakers. Now, I know my mom doesn't listen to the coolest music. Sadly, many of these fond memories center around artists like Celine Dion and Shania Twain. However, throw in the occasional Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson and Madonna track and we can call it even. The point is, I remember being fascinated with the music itself... the voice, the instruments, the production, the way it all came together to create that track. It wasnt long before I began to search for my own sound. I started playing instruments and listening to other artists. Like every other young girl, I found pop music at an early age. Spice Girls and Britney Spears were a staple in my house. But I grew bored quickly... this is when I found Hip Hop/R&B. Oddly enough, it is this very genre which led me to my current obsession with rock n roll. The first rock show I ever saw was Linkin Park. I remember the feeling I had when the lights went down and the crowd came to life... I remember the atmosphere of that stadium. Filled with tension and excitement... it was totally new. For those few hours, I was alive. Since that night, I have been obsessed with rock n roll, but I never lost my love of the other genres. I guess you could say that I've collected music over the years, and I'm still working to build my collection. There's always something new out there, and I'm always looking to find it.... but I'll always be The Girl At The Rock Show.


- I felt this was appropriate. I'll always remember this song because I woke up to it almost every saturday morning of my childhood. I still want to get up and dance around the living room when I hear it. To the late great king of pop, may you rest in peace, and thank you for being a part of my life's personal playlist.

Goodnight and Rock On!
-Girl At The Rock Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment