Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Green Day Plays New Track For Upcoming Live DVD Filming

Hey Everyone!
Slightly delayed, I know considering this happened in late August, but I've been busy reliving my own Green Day memories ahaha. As some of you may know, Green Day have been hard at work on this round of touring... filming a brand new live DVD! For those of you who own their live DVDs of the past, you know how exciting this is! There aren't even words to describe the epic-ness that is Bullet In A Bible haha.

In any case, while performing in Denver on August 28/2010, the boys decided to unveil a new song. I use the term "new" loosely though. Word has it that THIS track by the name of Cigarettes and Valentines was one of those stolen from the studio, this theft of course, led to the creation of one of the most brilliant albums of the modern generation, American Idiot. A big story for such a "new" song. Give it a listen, see what you think! I love it, sounds a lot like old school Green Day... like 1991-1994. I could even see this making an appearance on Insomniac. Has a similar feel to it with the chord choices, the progression, the simple yet effective solo, and the catchy lyrics.


What do you think? And who's excited for a new Green Day DVD??? I AM!
Rock On,
-Girl At The Rock Show

2 comments: